Communications Rep (Level 3)
1902 W. Freeway Grand Prairie, Texas 75051 | Contract
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, plans, and conducts public relations campaigns to improve and support company business objectives with the public, industry, stockholders, and/or employees.
- Plans, prepares, writes and disseminates information utilizing print and broadcast media, social media, speeches, scripts, intranet and internet website.
- May represent the company at press conferences, media briefings and presentations on company issues.
- Handles executive communications, both internal and external, for program personnel.
- This position is responsible for the planning and execution of strategic internal and external communications supporting the Precision Fires line of business within company' s Missiles and Fire Control division.
- The ideal candidate will develop strong partnerships with business leaders, providing strategic counsel as it relates to the most effective communications strategies and approaches.
- The ideal candidate is a communications generalist with experience in general public relations/communications practices including:
- Media relations, social media, trade show support, marketing communications materials/literature, and employee communications, to develop and execute communications plans to support business goals and strategy.
- This individual will work closely with program management and business development to strategize and maintain program messaging for use in customer and government engagements.
- The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of business priorities and objectives, possess superior writing skills and an ability to interface effectively with senior leaders.
- The successful candidate will also excel at managing multiple deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Superior writing, editing and oral communications skills with the ability to convey highly complex information in clear, compelling ways.
- Basic design skills in professional presentations and multimedia projects.
- Excellent strategist with keen creative instincts and expertise influencing leadership thinking in strategic communication and issues management.
- Prior experience planning and developing employee-focused communications.
- Thorough understanding of and hands-on experience/practical application in the communications/public relations discipline.
- Experience in developing and executing integrated strategic communications plans to support key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and executive leadership.
Mandatory Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline (Public Relations, Communications, Marketing Communications, etc.), or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’ s degree.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Work Week: 9/80
- OT: No
- Travel: No