Compliance Analyst - Technical Data Transfers (Contractor)
9333 Balboa Avenue Technical Services & Defense San Diego, CA 92123
This is a contractor position for a period currently estimated to be up to six months.
Responsible for reviewing proposed technical data transfers between and among Cubic’ s global locations to ensure full compliance with the applicable requirements of the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR). This position will operate under the supervision and direction of the Sr. Director, Global Trade Compliance and Corporate Counsel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply ITAR and EAR subject matter knowledge (including license requirements, ITAR license exemptions, and EAR license exceptions) to technical data access requests across Cubic’ s global business units.
- Identify areas for process improvement for increased efficiency, accuracy, and compliance effectiveness.
- Identify and report to management any potential risks based on observations analyzing transactions
- Implement process improvements and risk mitigation measures.
- Assist in compliance-related training initiatives that address U.S. export control aspects of technical data transfers.
- Prepare and/or revise compliance related procedures, desktop work instructions, forms and business flowcharts.
- Other duties as required and assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree plus a minimum of two years of experience applying regulatory trade compliance to technical data transfers.
- A strong understanding of U.S. export control regulations (particularly technology transfers) and must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication, and teamwork skills.
- The ability to interact well with all levels within the organization.
- The skills necessary to set priorities to achieve desired results and work independently as well as collaboratively.
- The ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals and work well as a team member. Must be open to challenges, new ideas, and change.
- Given the nature of the technical data handled in this position, U.S. person status is required.