Composite Operator I
28150 Industry Dr Valencia, CA 91355-4100
Position summary: Perform composite layup and layup technique for bonding, trimming and curing composite material for aerospace industry customers. Duties involve the application of various materials onto molds; (mandrels, tools or other forms), using fingers, hands and tools to manipulate materials to conform to shape of mold. Apply wraps, bags or other products to protect materials during curing
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Reads work instruction, blueprints or drawings, and other documents to determine materials and processes to use for each product.
· Inspects own work for compliance to instructions and quality of work.
· Completes paperwork per requirements, using stamp as personal assurance of work
· Works closely with others for cross-training and teaming up on larger products
· Works with other departments to provide on-time, quality products
· Participates in improvement efforts for efficiency, quality, and safety, to include offering suggestions, ideas, and support wherever possible
Skills and Experience required:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
· Composite layup or layup technique experience Highly Desired.
· English language skills to include ability to read, comprehend, and write basic information; bilingual.
· Ability to perform basic math functions to include addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
· Ability to enter basic information in computer programs; open and find data in simple applications
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction.
· Ability to work on problems that may involve requesting assistance from others, or assist others with problems they may encounter.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Background in manufacturing to include: previous composite layup experience a plus; excellent eye-hand coordination; ability to follow step-by-step instructions and visualize processes and outcome; able to understand workflow from start through steps that may include other departmental processes, through to inspection requirements; attention to detail critical
· Learn processes and procedures required for manufacturing, general company policies, and safety requirements
· Knowledgeable of/ ability to learn AS9100 requirements
· Ability to adapt to changing requirements or other needs of the company
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand up to 8 hours per day; use fingers, hands and arms to push, pull, and manipulate objects or tools. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.; ability to speak, hear and communicate with others; and employee is occasionally required to stoop or crouch.