6711 East Washington Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90040
We are looking for a Los Angeles-based designer with experience in architectural or product design utilizing parametric tools as a platform.
This is a hands-on position which will involve a range of activities from conceptualization to final design realization.
Candidate must be a critical thinker who is persistent and intellectually curious.
They should demonstrate flexibility and creativity within a dynamic environment and able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
This position reports directly to the Director of Design.
- Manage several projects at the same time with changing priorities.
- Create initial design concepts in consult with client architectural teams.
- Produce presentation graphics which effectively communicate design intent.
- Convert accepted design concepts into digital form for final manufacturing.
- 3+ years of experience with digital modeling for architecture, products, or manufacturing.
- 1+ years of experience with design based on parametric approaches, preferably utilizing a Rhino / Grasshopper workflow.
- Knowledge of various presentation platforms including, but not limited to, Adobe CC.
- Must be creative, collaborative, and self-motivated to achieve results.
- Should have strong general computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
- BS in Architecture, Product Design, Industrial Design, or related field.
- 1+ years of industry experience or 3+ years of academic experience.
- A combination of both will be considered.