Connector Design Engineer
San Jose, CA 95112 US
PEAK is seeking several Senior/Principal Connector Design Engineers to develop connectors for high-speed data transmissions for our growing client of ours in Silicon Valley.
In this role, you will work with a development team with your advanced interconnect knowledge about high-speed connectors to generate the solutions for our customers. This team is a dynamic group with highly skilled and innovative engineers.
Our client’s applications are primarily used in global customers to help them better address demands for higher bandwidth. The Design Engineer will primarily be responsible for design, development, and implementation for production of high-speed connector products. The ideal candidate will be driven and innovative to deliver next-generation Telecom and Datacom market needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop connector products for high-speed data transmission from original ideas to mass production
- Understand customers’ applications and define the product performance specifications to design connector products for meeting application requirements through qualifications
- Generate the technical product documents, including solid model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements.
- Work with analysis teams to verify the design per performances and fine-tune the design to meet the design goals
- Work with manufacturing team to conduct DFM review with necessary design change
- Design the complete connector testing plan to validate the connector design and evaluate the product performances
- Provide the technical leadership for next generation of product development project
- Work with cross-functional teams and interfaces with external customers and suppliers to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner and assists them by providing product information, engineering samples, and technical advice.
- Travel to different BU sites and customers may be necessary
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent working experience
- 10 -15 + years of high-speed interconnect design working experience, especially high-speed I/O connector, Mezzanine, backplane connector with data rate > 25Gbps.
- Familiar with manufacturing process and have DFM experiences, such as injection molding, stamping, plating, and assembly
- CAD experience in 2D drawing and 3D modeling, SolidWorks experience a plus
- Have some basic knowledge of mechanical modeling/FEM and data analysis to interpret the results for design purpose
- Have some basic SI knowledge to create ME design for SI performance and work with analysis team to verify the SI performances
- Familiar with Industry standard for High-Speed Interconnect development.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Experience to work with Global cross-functional teams
- Flexible to switch between projects to support program needs
- Self-motivated to fully accomplish the assigned tasks and accountable for quality of technical work
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma
- Experience to define the SI and REL requirements and design testing plan to validate the design
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate well with team members and external customers as well as interpret the complicated technical concepts
- Bilingual in Mandarin/ Chinese is a plus