Construction Field Technician (Robinson Twp)
333 Baldwin Road Pittsburgh, PA 15205
As a Field Technician for PEAK, you’ ll be part of a highly trained and experienced team that performs observations and testing during earthwork and building construction of commercial, institutional, and industrial projects.
- Perform field testing of soils, concrete and asphalt to determine compliance with project specifications.
- Perform field tests using specialized equipment designed to collect data from the various construction materials (nuclear density gauge, penetrometer, and hand tools), keep equipment clean and in good working order.
- Interact with construction site personnel, engineers and state and federal representatives while acting as a professional representative of the company.
- Drive and maintain the appearance and operation of company vehicles to and from job sites.
- Complete daily reports, reading and interpreting project drawings and specifications, and entering data related to the various job tasks.
- Communicate with Company Project Manager while on project sites
• 2+ years of Field experience working on commercial construction projects performing some or all of the following inspections or testing:
- Earthwork inspections and field testing
- Concrete sampling and field testing
- Pavement testing
- Bearing grade inspections for foundations
- Structural steel inspections
- Concrete masonry unit inspections and grout testing
• Minimum of high school education
• Ability to interpret project plans and specifications;
• Strong computer skills including using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
• Ability to write accurate and concise field reports.
• ACI level I
• NICET I
• ICC certification is preferred