1000 Universal City Plaza Orlando, FL 32819
Responsible for overseeing all stages of construction for the Project Team. Manages interactions with the general contractors and serves as a liaison between the general contractors and the project team. Works closely with the Project Manager, Facility and the Facility Design Manager to ensure accurate design and construction throughout the project development.
- Becomes familiar with the creative concept package and monitor the development of the construction documents with the Project Manager, Facility.
- Assists with the pre-qualification and evaluation of potential construction vendors.
- Works with the general contractors, vendors for site/construction sequence and logistics with general contractors, vendors and the project team with regards to access, insurance, etc. required to gain access to the site.
- Works with the general contractors in setting up mock-ups and samples area.
- Develops site lay down and access plan for the projects.
- Assists the Project Manager, Facility with the review of all of the various design phase submittals from the outside architects and engineers.
- Reviews design documents for construction, completeness, corrections, and coordination and compiles a list of comments.
- Reviews the existing facility status to evaluate what potential issues need to be addressed by the design documents.
- Attends design progress review meetings.
- Assists in the preparation of the Request for Proposals.
- Prepares all documentation required for site access, lay down and other logistics for the contractors and vendors for review by the Project Manager, Facility.
- Assists in the response to questions for the RFP.
- Assists in the final evaluation and recommendation process of the bids and proposals.
- Attends daily, weekly, and monthly area meetings of the general contractors with the project team and documents the results in daily reports.
- Assists in the evaluation of change order requests and is an on site interpreter for creative elements between the project team and the general contractors.
- Assists in the processing of some of the all construction management processes including but not limited to: RFI’ s, Submittals, Punch Lists, and other documents as required.
- Supports the Project Manager, Facility with the progress payment reviews and related walk-through and inspections.
- Updates the Project Manager, Facility and schedules weekly meetings regarding the progress of the site and facilities including photos and video documentation.
- Establishes site-visiting procedures with general contractors or the project team for vendor visits.
- Monitors all third-party construction development and reports results.
- Manages and coordinates staging area inventories for arrival and dispatch.
- Maintains facility progress in accordance with the master schedule.
- Manages overall punch list and close out process for the facility.
- Assists in the preparation of an overall project post mortem for the Facility.
- Non-routine; general policies applied to frequently changing situations.
- Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’ s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Engineering and/or Construction Management, or a related field is required. Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering, and/or Construction Management, or a related field is preferred.
- 7-10 years’ relevant construction/project management experience.
- Previous experience with turnkey projects, specifically within the theme park/entertainment industry is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.