540 W. Madison Street 16th Floor Lakeland, IL 60661
SUMMARY: Responsible for supervision and management of field crews for wireless communications construction sites. Accountable for managing the overall field performance, including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as single-point of contact between project management and construction execution.
- Provide oversight during construction on all assigned construction projects.
- Direct and supervise all tower and civil foremen working on your assigned projects.
- Provide supervision, training, development, and performance management of crews
- Assure that we have the correct level and talent of in house and subcontractors to maintain our construction schedules and level of work.
- Perform bid walks, evaluate site conditions relative to scope of work and out of scope work and prepare cost estimates.
- Work with Field Construction Leads to develop detailed material lists and scope of services lists from RFDS’ s and engineered drawings.
- Report project status and performance data as required to management.
- Review project costs for accuracy of time, materials and subcontractors.
- Order all rental equipment needed for projects and ensure it is returned in a timely fashion.
- Comply with carrier specifications on all site construction by detailed coordination, review and approval of all documentation including but not limited to construction reports, grounding reports and as-builts.
- Procure and provide all carrier materials for a project to a site by timely and accurately specifying required materials and coordinating with internal/external individuals as required.
- Monitor and report performance of projects by ensuring full utilization of tracking tools and reports, observation of and attendance at progress meetings, and direct interaction with personnel and management for feedback.
- Ensure permitting, inspections and code compliance are completed as needed for each assigned project.
- Bachelor’ s degree in construction or engineering, or similar field experience in telecommunications construction management is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Construction Manager.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant Wireless and Telecommunications industry experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Strong analytic ability and acute attention to detail.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytic skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.