Construction Project Manager
4675 MacArthur Court Suite 800 Newport Beach, CA 92660
You will be a key player in planning, coordinating and directing all activities in the construction, design and building of CNG and LNG fueling stations, as well as other occasional infrastructure projects.
While you will be responsible for your projects, you will also serve as a member of a strong team including Senior Project Managers, other Project Managers, a Planning Manager and Engineers.
- You will support multi-million dollar projects and have anywhere from 8 to 10 concurrent projects of varying scope and at different phases.
- You will be part of the PM team working with Engineering teams, as well as external consultants and contractors for each site build.
- Indirectly, you may also lead teams of superintendents, electricians and a variety of skilled labor individuals.
- Since each project is unique, you will be working with different local teams and need to be able to adapt accordingly.
- You will be responsible for managing all stages of a project from proposal and kickoff to final construction. Specifically, this will include the following:
- Site evaluations, assessments, municipal planning and development.
- Reviewing proposals, contracts and budgets.
- Coordinating and ensuring all entitlements, permits, licenses and equipment specs are acquired.
- Writing project status reports and documentation.
- Working with Business Development Managers on client communications or needs.
- Managing contracts, bids, evaluations and change orders.
- Coordinating with all local utilities.
- Inspecting work in progress, drawings and specifications.
- Partnering with engineering to resolve field discrepancies.
- Overseeing inspectors and suppliers.
- Managing all construction activities and ensuring compliance with all government requirements.
- A bachelor' s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or another relevant discipline.
- Project management certification is a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing multi-site, complex construction projects concurrently.
- The ability to consistently meet budget, schedule and quality goals and objectives.
- A background in construction administration, with competency in working with Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical drawing packages.
- Familiarity with construction contracts including Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Cost- Plus, Lump Sum and Unit Price contracts.
- Experience with site evaluations, assessments, municipal planning and development. Quick question for you - click here
- Experience with equipment and/or construction specification, procurement, layout and design.
- Strong communication skills.
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications and project management software, preferably e-Builder. AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Experience with compressed natural gas (CNG) and/or liquid natural gas (LNG) is preferred but not required.
- A valid driver' s license and insurable driving record.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time, primarily to visit project sites across the US.