Construction Project Manager
100 Universal City Plaza Universal City, CA 91608 | Contract to Direct
Construction Project Manager
Assist in the organization and establishment of effective Project management; coordinate and help manage construction document production; avoid contract claims and disputes; minimize change orders during construction phases; effectively manage changes in the Project; eliminate interface disruptions between project participants; maintain, and where possible improve the Project schedule and budget; insure quality design and construction work; provide “ hands-on” management of field operations; maintain operational use of completed facilities during continuation of construction; implement efficient and timely document control.
Act as a key contact within the Construction department, collaborating with all outside departments on current projects status.
* Provide Support and daily administrative duties to our Project Management department.
* Work with general contractors, engineers, safety/quality assurance, and other cross-functional teams to ensure newly developed projects are constructed to the highest quality and deadlines are met.
* Coordinate and attend meetings with outside departments, gathering all necessary assets for project successful completion.
* Report the status of current projects to department manager and requesting parties.
* Deliver assets to requesting parties for review, relaying back to team if there are any changes to be made.
* Provide support to project management of vendor contracts for assigned projects. Monitors change or delays to construction schedule. This includes but is not limited to evaluation of Contractors schedule performance and schedule coordination with other groups and departments. Weekly look ahead updates and monthly overall updates are reviewed and recovery plans are developed if schedule variances evolve.
* Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
* Performs Takeoffs of plans and specifications to ensure scope compliance.
* Bachelor’ s degree in Business Management, Construction Management or related field
* 3-5 Years: Experience dealing with construction projects along or with experience in working in various positions with a general contractor dealing with scheduling, estimating, budgeting, bidding, RFI’ s, submittals, change orders, field experience dealing with all aspects of projects required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Must have Drywall and Framing experience.
* Proficiency in reading construction and engineering documents and plans.
* Detail oriented with excellent organization and project management skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Dependable with an excellent attendance record
* work well in a ' Team Environment', be cooperative and respectful.