Continuous Improvement / Lean Engineer
7777 Columbia Rd Maineville, OH 45039
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environment policies in the workplace.
- Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting incidents and/or other safety and environment hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging other to do the same.
- Applies various quality tools and performs root cause analysis to solve problems.
- Leads Lean initiative activities which includes leading small group activities and Kaizen events for measurable improvement in safety, quality, productivity and cost improvements.
- Utilizes Value Production Pillar, Lean Manufacturing principles and resources to drive rapid and effective change.
- Support operations by utilizing Production System and tools (e.g. SMED, 6S, One Piece Flow, etc.).
- Implement global specific KPI’ s to ensure process improvements, i.e. evaluate performance indicators and deriving optimization opportunities (e.g. OEE, quality), ensure capabilities are in place to effectively deliver performance targets.
- Identifies and shares best practices across the different organizational departments.
- Builds and sustains high performance teams and ensures strong alignment and coordination with other cross-functional teams.
- Solid project management experience and ability to work with all levels within an organization.
- Highly organized with ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent; Preferred: Industrial Engineer degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing, assembly procedures, Lean-Tools and project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing management, quality tools and problem solving, root cause analysis and analytical methods.
- Strong knowledge in MS office tools and SAP experience within systems.
- Black belt certification preferred.