Continuous Improvement Leader
2400 Charles Street Wellsburg, WV 26070
- This position will lead and facilitate the organization on Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- Responsible for leading the organization with Lean and Continuous Improvement including implementation of lean manufacturing principles throughout the organization.
- Work with management, customers, suppliers and others to identify and facilitate key projects that will improve quality, reduce cost, improve cycle time and provide optimum benefits to customers and the business through waste reduction.
- Train production teams in lean manufacturing initiatives such as Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, Takt time analysis, Poke Yoke, Cell Design and Kaizen. Responsible for managing project activities including communication, project timeline, meeting facilitation, data gathering and processing, utilizing lean tools, solutions implementation and follow-up.
- Lead the Lean/Continuous Improvement process at the company. Manage the planning, facilitation and completion of continuous improvement projects to support cost reduction and elimination of waste for the company.
- Serve as leader, change agent and coach for lean strategies and initiatives.
- Drive culture change toward a lean philosophy.
- Investigate various types of new machines, equipment and processes to gain versatility, diversification of production features required, prices, safety enhancements and other conditions involved, and prepare reports and recommendations for management information relative to make strategic decisions.
- Provide input on capital programs.
- Research of advanced technology to develop proposals for automation, mechanization, methods, special tooling, machine attachments, etc., for the purpose of cost reduction.
- Prepare cost estimates involved in changing from present to new methods; estimate the resultant savings.
- Advance the organization in the areas of Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- Deliver training in process redesign, lean tools and other initiatives.
- Lead the organization in change management.
- Leverage experiences to drive change.
- Provide updates on progress and results to leadership and the rest of the organization.
- Work closely with other departments to develop, communicate and execute lean initiatives.
- Provide leadership in communicating and executing continuous improvement and lean programs.
- Track and report data to support lean and obtain the needed buy-in for initiatives.
- Prepare and carry out approved recommendations to include tool redesign and alterations, change of material specifications, dimensions, methods, routing, safety enhancements, etc.
- Coordinate and guide engineering and technical facets of assignments in the area of obtaining and organizing informational data and analyzing and resolving problems.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- The ability to find hidden patterns, to make connections between seemingly unrelated issues, and to generate solutions.
- Ability to think, produce and implement new ideas.
- Managing technical/specialized project work methodically and efficiently.
- Meeting technical/specialized work demands.
- Creating and organizing timely options to achieve competitive advantage. Defining future direction.
- Proven experience working with Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Experience working in a team environment preferably with a small to medium size company.
- Experience with Solid Works or similar 3D CAD, MiniTab and MAPICS is a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Required experience in lean tools (value stream mapping, SMED, TPM, Standard Work)
- Proven track record of leading lean initiatives to achieve business results.
- Proven & effective facilitation, leadership, mentoring, and training skills.
- Experience in the sheet metal/metal working industry with background and technique in the fabrication area.
- Bachelors Degree Required (in Engineering preferred)
- Certified Black Belt/Six Sigma a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement