320 MARMON DRIVE BOLINGBROOK, IL 60440
Brief Summary of Job:
The Contract Manager will control the financial and contractual aspects of executing medium to major construction projects, e.g. by documenting delays and disruptions, preparing change orders and communicating with customers, subcontractors and suppliers. They will work closely with Sales Engineers and Unit Managers. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the commercial function through to final accounts, overseeing all financial aspects of the projects
- Interpret the contract to fully understand the project scope, restraints and responsibilities
- Responsibility for accurate budgeting
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes
- Support preparation of precise progress reports, cash flow forecasts and cost preliminaries
- Provide commercial guidance on project performance through on point forecasting and risk identification
- Identify price variations, as and when they occur
- Manage procurement process to ensure timely delivery of project equipment and materials
- Represent the Company' s best interests at project meetings
- Ensure the project team adheres to all contractual requirements
• 4 year degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Law
- 8 – 10 year International Contractor experience with exposure to public authorities
- Experienced with MS Office - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Foreign languages are a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Proven track record in managing all commercial aspects of construction from inception to completion
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgement
- Strong skills in multitasking, prioritizing, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines. Intercultural competence and willingness to travel (Europe, Asia)
- Flexibility to accommodate different time zones.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms: and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to forty pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.