Contracts Administrator (Sr.)
747 Zeckendorf Blvd (World Headquarters) Garden City, NY 11530
The Senior Contracts Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the contracting process including proposal preparation, fact finding, negotiation, contract administration, and contract closure. Responsible for the administration, and proper coordination of various types of contracts, agreements and other legal documents with program management, finance/accounting, legal, and other functional areas as necessary. Participate in the identification, development, and defining of proposals. Participate within the contracts department in the development of best practice processes and procedures in Government contracts and change management. Performs contract administration functions on new and existing contracts as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for entire contractual life-cycle administration of contracts and other activity as assigned by the Contracts Director.
- Prepares and administers routine correspondence, negotiation memoranda, and contract documentation to ensure timely and coordinated submittal.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains contract records and files documenting contract performance and compliance.
- Assists mid- to high-level business development, contracts, and project management professionals in working with internal or external business teams on issues and developments relative to assigned contracts.
- Review and analyze contract actions for identification of discrepancies, risks, and concerns; specific focus will be on initiation, administration, and change management.
- Examine and compare contract documents against proposals and negotiation records for accuracy.
- Initiates internal documentation to authorize and direct work in accordance with standard operating procedures and contractual specifications.
- Reviews complex solicitations and prepares specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications.
- Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure.
- Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
- Focal point for communication with legal, finance, and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes.
- Have a general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- Assists with contract negotiations.
- Monitors current status of assigned contracts.
- Performs contract closeout activities.
- Disseminates information throughout the company regarding status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation and termination.
- Reviews new solicitations for unique/unusual requirements.
- Initiates documentation to authorize and direct work in accordance with contractual specification.
- Develops or assists in developing cost/price proposals in response to customer requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
- Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
- Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model.
- Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
- Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
- Ability to identify required improvement to established policies and to communicate implementation procedures to others.
- Working knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable international contract law.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Ability to conceptualize and write and/or edit compelling proposal narrative and oral presentation slides.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to work with little direction and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts related to aviation and apply technical and pricing concepts of our capabilities and related turnkey services.
- Prior military experience a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5-7 years relevant professional experience in Contract Administration or 8- 10 years of combined relevant experience in contracts, aviation, defense, or aerospace.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office business applications.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and other related federal regulations.