Customer Service / Inside Sales Sr. Manager
1306 S. Alameda St. Compton, CA 90221
Our client is a leading player in the industry of personal fall protection. They' re a growing enterprise in an ever-expanding market. We are looking for a bright, clever and enthusiastic person to join our team. This role will be an essential part of their customer service and sales process and will offer candidates a rewarding opportunity to learn and excel in their professional career. They need organized and self-motivated professionals who can excel in this casual, yet fast-paced environment.
The right candidate will play a vital role in the growth of their customer service department, by evolving the team from mainly taking orders and troubleshooting, to also involve upselling, lead management, and other inside sales responsibilities. This person must have strong leadership characteristics and sound coaching abilities to transform a department to be beyond “ customer service.”
This position will report directly to the Director of Business Development. Within the organization, this position has a primary working relationship with; Sales and Operations.
- Play an instrumental role in the evolution, transformation, and development of the client' s customer service department.
- Develop and monitor KPIs to drive and monitor exceptional performance within the department.
- Recommend and implement improvements, technologically based or otherwise, to further increase efficiencies.
- Train and on-board new staff, and keep existing staff educated on products provided, competitive messaging and positioning, as well as techniques and tactics for phone and email communications.
- Become well versed in the fall protection industry, which includes an understanding of ANSI standards and general product/competition knowledge.
- Work cross-functionally with outside sales team and other internal groups to maximize effectiveness.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development to implement new policies, procedures, and tactical initiatives.
- Initiate the structuring and delegation of inside sales duties and responsibilities.
- Lead qualification and generation for both distributors and end users; manage trade show leads.
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 7 years work experience leading both a customer service and inside sales department.
- Bachelor' s degree required.
- Demonstrates ability to coach and motivate a team in a clear and concise way.
- Must be organized and have the ability and drive to multi-task in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong technological aptitude; experience with ERP and CRM systems.
- Very strong interpersonal skills; understands how to develop cooperative working relationships with other colleagues.
- Experience with lead generation and qualification.