Customer Service Rep
2570 Beverly Dr Aurora, IL 60502
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for providing Customer Driven Focus while selling and supporting products and services. The CSR handles incoming customer phone calls, emails and faxes; answers questions; creates quotations; processes customer orders; and supports the Inside Sales Engineer (ISE) and provides technical support and guidance to the other CSR’ s as required.
The CSR reports to the Inside Sales & Customer Focus Manager and is primarily responsible for day-to-day technical sales and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- With the primary focus on customer service and exceeding the customer’ s needs, the CSR will provide a high level of customer attention in a prompt and timely fashion to sell and support the sale of products and services.
- The CSR will promptly address and respond to phone calls, emails, faxes, and any other form of communication.
- The CSR will communicate directly and indirectly with both internal and external staff members and customers, facilitating a seamless process flow from quotation to order to shipment processing.
- The CSR is responsible for answering general questions, providing general product information, generating basic quotations and processing customer orders.
- The CSR will handle more involved quotations and sales orders with the direction and guidance of the SAE or their immediate supervisor.
- The CSR is responsible for entering customer information into the Contact Relationship Management (CRM) data base.
- The CSR is responsible for handling requests for return of goods for refurbishment and incorrect orders.
- The CSR will perform tasks related to returns for failure analysis and warranty assessment in support of and at the request of the SAE.
- The CSR will accept, handle, manage and respond to inquiries, requests for quotation, orders and questions from customers delegated to the CSR by the SAE’ s or their immediate supervisor.
- The CSR works across Company departments to support and facilitate purchasing, work orders, production, warehousing, etc.
- The CSR may travel occasionally as requested by management, to satisfy customer needs and requirements (CDF), for skill development and training purposes or for trade show/conference participation.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Continuous Learning.
- Customer Focus.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience as a customer service or inside sales representative in a manufacturing or technical environment is required.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Experience using Adobe, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum two (2) year Associates Degree in a technical field of study is preferred.
- Power transmission industry or rotating equipment experience is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and documentation is desired.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning software (ERP), contact relationship management (CRM) systems, electronic data interchange (EDI) systems is a desired.