Two Pearl Buck Court Suite 470 Bristol, PA 19007
The Business Demand Manager (BDM) is the key member of the Mil/Aero Division Staff for issues related to operations. This position is responsible for creating, monitoring, reporting, and achieving the worldwide revenue plan for the Mil/Aero Division. Resolve all critical issues that impact revenue to support On-time to Commit and On-time to Request goals. Project, monitor and drive actions to meet the Division inventory goals. The BDM is responsible to continually coordinate and drive Marketing and Sales to ensure an accurate forecast is in place to support the Division’ s revenue and inventory goals.
- Responsible to continuously drive performance to division revenue and bookings plans, initiating corrective action with appropriate groups and recommending changes in the plan (Outlook) to the Division GM. Identify corrective actions, notify appropriate people, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Drive the actions required to improve performance to meet On-time to Commit and On-Time to Request goals for Division.
- Active participation in allocation and elevation of issues concerning high visibility parts.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to ensure the most accurate and reliable sales forecast (forecast fill) and that the forecast is adjusted to support changes in demand and minimize excess inventory. Coordinate quarterly forecast process world wide within the division.
- Responsible to drive and monitor inventory to targeted levels in support of corporate goals.
- Manage the inventory for Opportunity Stock (OS) requests (customer specific safety stock), considering forecast and sales justification. This includes performing monthly OS analysis of current OS versus forecast and make recommendations to Sales for changes, and consulting with the GM as necessary. Determine the cause of low-inventory turn items and drive corrective action. Responsible for analyzing the Expired Date Code part list and excess inventory for open orders. Also reviews for opportunities for usage by remarking or repackaging (i.e. tape and reel).
- Responsible for approving RMA returns, analyzing the effect on division revenue and inventory and reporting it to the Division Staff.
- Monitor new product development through product launch to assure sufficient material and capacity support. For past dues, may be responsible for acting as an expediter.
- Coordinate plant-to-plant product transfers.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business (business administration, production operations, or high tech manufacturing) or technical field preferred. APICS training or certification is preferred.
- A total of 10 years of production environment preferred, five to eight years experience in planning, coordinating, and scheduling production operations in a high-volume environment is required. Experience in an ERP environment is preferred.
- Well-rounded experience in all areas of the business cycle with Supply Chain Management (SCM) environment experience preferred.