Design Engineer - Senior
Valencia, CA 91355-4100 US
The Sr. Design Engineer will directly participate and lead projects involving the design and development of composite and metallic structures, ducting, valves, actuators, acoustic products, a variety of stand-alone and integrated heaters for numerous applications.
The Sr. Design Engineer will generate requirements, product designs, tooling designs, drawings, BOM’s based on customer data, thermal requirements, material applicability and environmental constraints. The Sr. Design Engineer lead and ensure the progress of multiple assigned projects; develop designs, data, specifications, reports throughout the product development process, and present for technical and management reviews.
- Lead various engineering development projects
- Coordinate project goals and tasks with engineering leadership, finance, testing, quality, project management, and production support functions
- Work seamlessly with other departments to develop prototypes and products that can be transitioned to production program
- Design/drawing formulation and calculations
- Estimate manufacturing timeline /planning / verification/testing /validation.
- Design tooling and fixtures as needed to produce designs consistently and economically
- Solve technical problems in the lab or in the field
- and review customer information
- Prepare quality documents
- Generate digital bill of materials including Sub-Assemblies, fasteners, tooling and hardware accurately based on design requirements
- Document part requirements and specifications including Acceptance Test Procedures/ Reports, Qualification Test Procedures, Process Specifications, and First Article Documentation per AS-9102
- Generate interface control drawings and manufacturing drawings including installation, top assembly, detail, and sub-components, using both ANSI and geometric tolerance rules
- Perform record and document revision control in a digital environment using Engineering Change Orders
- BSME with 10+ years’ experience in engineering design and development environment
- Design and M&P experience with metals for structures and mechanisms and/or composites and elastomers desired
- Proficient in CAD modeling and engineering drawings (preferred SolidWorks, Catia, and/or ProE); highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Experience with project engineering strongly desired
- Familiarity with Aerospace and Commercial requirements including AS-9100D, Boeing D6-82479, FAA Part 21, FAR-145, FAR-21, NADCAP
- Familiarity with RTCA/DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 environmental testing standards
- Strong Leadership skills
Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident to meet ITAR requirements.