Design Engineer II - Structural
St Louis, MO 63141 US
Title/Position: Design Engineer II – Structural
Type: Direct, Contract to Direct Options
Location: St. Louis, MO
Our client, a Design & Consulting Services Group, unites architecture, engineering, and consulting professionals from across industries and geographies. The Group serves four primary markets: Government, primarily the Department of Defense, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Air and Army National Guard, and the U.S. Naval Facilities Command; Industrial, focusing on food and beverage, consumer products, and utilities; Civil Infrastructure; and Healthcare.
In this role, you will be responsible for the structural design of basic elements for assigned projects. Your work will be of increasing complexity to meet eligibility requirements to take the professional licensing exam.
- Application of Building Systems Knowledge
- Produces calculation/documents
- Develops a basic understanding of the various model building and materials codes.
- Analysis: Prepares clear, complete, and concise calculations including software models
- Detailing: Develops all details necessary for assigned elements
- Prepares design criteria for all projects
- Responsible for the production of well-organized structural documents and calculations which are accurate, clear, concise, and complete
- Participates in design reviews with the design team at 30% and 100% on all assigned projects
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) from an accredited university in engineering or other degree related to the structural engineering profession.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications:
- Limited understanding of the following structural software: Concrete Anchor Design (Hilti Profis Anchor/Powers Design Assist 360/Simpson Anchor Design), Adapt, Enercalc, E-TABS, Mathcad, RAM Structural System (RAM Steel, RAM Concrete, RAM Frame, RAM Foundation), Ram Elements, Ram Concept, RISA, SAFE, SAP, SP Mats, SP Slab,
- Basic presentation skills
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, and arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.