28850 Cabot Drive Suite 1300 Novi, MI 48377 | Direct Placement
Our customer is aa global automotive supplier of air management system, air intake system and window washing system. We work with Main OEM such as FCA, GM, Ford, VW, Daimler and BMW on challenging projects.
This position will provide service for (USA OEMs,). He or she goes from concept design received to freeze design and responsible for design changes in further phases throughout the project life circle. Design Engineer: 80% CAD work, 20% Engineering
- Lead technical reviews meeting with OEM in project quotation phase.
- Design of air outlet components with 3D modeling, 2D drawing, DFMEA, materials selection, verification & validation, manufacturability & serviceability.
- Coordinate and manage other CAD team members to achieve customer and internal design deadlines.
- Know and can communicated technical problem as mold flow, tooling, CAE with OEM.
- Consult with China engineering team regarding technical feasibility, offer solutions to problems, and present results of development projects.
- Coordinate regular review meeting with OEM and submit meeting minute, design progress reports, schedules, upcoming deliverables and technical solutions.
- Develop innovative concepts for new projects.
- Design and release of components in the OEM data system environment, for example team center.
- Responsible for documentation and review of component design specification, design guides & templates.
- Capitalize experience from the design project through lessons learned process.
- Share benchmark information with China development team.
- Report to Design Manager at NA Office.
- BSE or below BSE on Mechanical Engineering or Design engineering, plastics tooling knowledge preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in HVAC or Interior plastic components design with OEM in automotive.
- Have Interior plastic functional moving components design experience, air outlet design experience is a priority.
- Have charge air cooler ducts design experience is a plus.
- Must have experience with any local OEM.
- Team player with communication and coordination skills, executive ability.
- Excellent English language skill – both written and oral.
- Knowledge of CAD Methodology, Skilled with UG NX or CATIA, UG NX is a priority.
- In-depth knowledge of APQP, DFMEA, GD&T, DVP, Tolerance Stack-up, reliability engineering and plastics.