Design Engineering Manager
7152 99th St. Kenosha, WI 53158
- Responsible for directly managing, supporting and providing direction and leadership to Designers and other assigned Staff.
- Support Manufacturing and Assembly with drawings and technical data.
- Analyze, design, develop, and maintain products; assist in commercialization.
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply usability procedures and principles at project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing.
- Use various material processing machines like lathes, mills, welders, 3D printers and other materials to advance the development of new innovative concepts.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate testing. Conduct tests, document results, and develop client presentation.
- Work closely with manager, engineers, industrial designer and lab technicians to advance their assignments with speed and precision.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, codes, and other artifacts.
- Use sound engineering methods and practices to assure reliable and fun to use product concepts.
- Evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate development plans.
- Contribute to design standards and support design reuse.
- Write technical reports, papers, articles, presentations, and patents.
- Other tasks assigned by upper management.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D modeling, 2D drafting, FEA structural simulation, and flow simulation.
- Hands on experience with machining, fabrication, and plastics.
- Understanding of product development cycle, from concept to market.
- Strong effective communicator both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment of constant change.
- Self-directed individual who works well within a team environment.
- 3D Printing familiarity.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience designing using SolidWorks.
- 2 years management experience.
- Experience with GD&T, ANSI weld standards, metric
- Previous experience in the Outdoor Power Equipment or Power Tools industry is highly preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a multi-channel retail business/industry.