9333 Balboa Avenue San Diego, CA 92123
Our client' s DevOps team is growing, if you do not see a job posted that fits your experience please apply here and they will consider you for future openings.
They' re evaluating every aspect of the software release life cycle across the organization including: VCS branching strategies, IaC for build and release infrastructure, CI/CD automation, binary packaging, artifact storage, containerized platforms, and cloud services.
They currently use a combination of Ansible, Jenkins, Azure, Artifactory, and on-premises infrastructure to deliver our Java, Angular, C, and C++ products and services. They' re looking to refine their use of these tools, develop standard practices, transition to contemporary build and release methodologies, and improve their time to production.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Recommending and maturing best practices and tools.
- Analyzing and improving existing build and release lifecycles.
- Configuring Jenkins and build executors, developing Jenkinsfiles, configuring Jenkins projects, multibranch pipeline configurations, troubleshooting failed builds.
- Configuring networks, subnets, and firewall rules for both Azure and/or on-premises infrastructure.
- Configuring, administering, and troubleshooting *nix operating systems including block device management, partitioning, LVM, SNMP, init.d and systemd services, application configuration, etc.
- Developing builds, pipelines, and storage solutions for dependency libraries and build binaries using Jenkins, Artifactory, Azure Storage, Maven, etc.
- Writing configuration management code for Ansible and ARM.
- Writing container code for Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Writing shell scripts for Bash.
- Working with other departments to requisition and configure new Azure and/or on-premises infrastructure.
- Creating infrastructure, application, and product diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Training and mentoring of software development teams on build and release best practices using Slack, Skype for Business.
- Secrets management using Ansible Vault, Azure Key Vault.
- Azure administration and infrastructure development using Azure Portal, ARM templates, Ansible.
- Nginx and Apache web server configuration and administration.
- Oracle Database and PostgreSQL configuration and administration.
- WebLogic Server and Apache Tomcat application server configuration and administration.
- Bash script development and *nix system administration using the terminal, PuTTY, MobaXterm.
- Infrastructure administration and development using VirtualBox and operating system images.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 4 year degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field, plus minimum of two years of direct experience in Software Development, Networking or System Administration role.
- Able to communicate effectively and understand people, culture, and how large organizations operate.
- Experience working on the command line with a ‘ nix flavor or equivalent.
- Experience scripting and automating deployments and management of IT solutions.
- History of building process and repeatability into your work products.
- Source Control (Git, Bitbucket).
- Continuous Integration (preferably Jenkins or VSTS ).
- Infrastructure Automation (preferably Ansible).
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker).
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm).
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud, Openstack).
- Build and deployment of cloud based and hybrid-cloud solutions with Jenkins, Git.
- Operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting (Python, Perl, Shell).
- Experience with configuration, automation management, APM, health checks, single point of failure, and notifications in either Azure or AWS environments.