9333 Balboa Avenue San Diego, CA 92123 | Direct Placement
Directs and coordinates system reliability operations for Company managed services including configuration and release processes and tools, enhancing system stability, consistency, and availability.
Provides technical expertise, solutions and leadership coupled with a staff supervisory role.
Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the creation of configuration, build, test, and release management tools and processes with software engineers.
- Develop the practice of Site Reliability Engineering with an integrated approach.
- Participate in sprint planning, revise and update programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones.
- Participate in and gain familiarity with code reviews, software development, and engineering processes.
- Define and implement value added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools.
- Gain a firm understanding of software development and engineering processes.
- Demonstrable ability in DevOps practices: automated build, automated test, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated deployment to live SaaS applications, system monitoring and notification, system security, networking.
- Demonstrable ability in several DevOps tools such as: Git, Perforce, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Gulp, Ansible, FlyWay, custom scripting (e.g. bash, python, etc.).
- Desired ability leading a team using Amazon DevOps tools: CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, AWS-CLI. Work with the Azure equivalents of these over time.
- Mentor and support the team of Automation Engineers.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree in Software Engineering or related field, i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, plus a minimum of eight years of management of technical staff and associated processes.
- Experience and competency operating highly available systems, implementing rapid release and testing methodologies, and establishing tools and processes to manage changes and releases with a focus on availability and performance.
- History of building process and repeatability into work products.
- Schedule management skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and technical staff.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to express technical concepts to non-technical individuals and groups.
- Must be able to interact effectively with other departments and sites worldwide.
- Ability to travel both domestic and international if needed.
Additional Beneficial Experience and Knowledge: