14370 White Sage Road Moorpark, CA 93021 | Contract to Direct
The Development Engineer (DE) is the technical lead on internal and external projects and is responsible for all technical and schedule aspects of the project/product from concept from the bid & proposal phase through development and qualification. Primary duties include:
- Development and maintenance of the technical data package, and product testing requirements and methods.
- Technical compliance, risk assessment, and verification.
- Requirements generation and flow down.
- Design Verification and Qualification test management.
- Coordination of project team technical tasks.
- Cost estimating (BOE).
- Additional duties include coordination with other departments to ensure the production viability of new designs, creation of the required documentation, and internal and customer approval for this documentation.
- The candidate must have a BS in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical or aerospace engineering, and a minimum of 5 years of project, design or related engineering experience.
- Desired experience includes mechanical design, problem solving/root cause analysis, technical writing, leadership of technical teams, project cost estimating, and project management.
- Candidates should have the ability to interpret and analyze mechanical, and/or electrical specifications and data, the ability to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and at all levels within the company, and have good writing skills.
- Candidates must meet all requirements under BATFE and ITAR.