19756 Prairie St Chatsworth, CA 91311 | Direct Placement
PEAK’ s client specializes in the design and manufacturing of rugged computer systems optimized for harsh environments. They have been busy with this recent Space Race, and need your help!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and development of new products as well as support existing products.
- Participate in requirements review and verification plans for projects.
- Responsible for concept digital design, parts selection, design simulation, detailed design, detailed analyses of the circuits, schematic and PWB Design Rules creation.
- Support the layout of the cards, card level debug and verification.
- Coordinate activities of engineers within the Engineering Department and/or across programs and projects.
- Support customers as they integrate our products into their systems.
- Lead special Research & Development project activities or investigations across all engineering disciplines.
- Direct and coordinate all activities necessary to complete a major electrical engineering project or several small projects.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10+ years of Digital Design experience with mil-spec or space programs.
- Solid digital design and debug skills (analog design and debug skills are a plus).
- Knowledge of industry standard bus architectures such as PCI, PCI-X, PCIe is strongly desired, VME knowledge is a plus.
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Actel FPGA / CPLD design experience strongly desired, Xilinx and Altera experience a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as cohesively within a dynamic team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge on space program processes and practices, a plus.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering. MS preferred.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the United States.