Director of Business Development
1649 NW 136th Ave Building J, Sawgrass Technology Park Sunrise, FL 33323
We are seeking a two highly experienced and dynamic candidates to fill the positions of Director of Business Development: Energy Markets &/or Critical Infrastructure. These positions are based remotely & ideally located close to a major airport in the United States.
We are seeking individuals who have specific work experience within the perimeter security solutions industry involved with projects that include physical fencing systems that tie in access control, radar, CCTV, etc.
These two individuals will be responsible for developing and aligning activities within the chosen vertical market segments of Energy &/or Critical Infrastructure in the Americas region in order to be the owner for this sector. The position will be measured mainly on segment percentage revenue growth. This is an individual contributor role.
Principal responsibilities of the position include:
- Leading the definition of the strategic roadmap for the segment (value proposition, financial goals and objectives [G&O], resource plan/key account allocation [KAM] allocation, route to market strategies, product portfolio, pricing strategies)
- Growing domestically and then globalizing programs in the Energy sector &/or Critical Infrastructure
- Defining targeted key accounts and global accounts for the segment in each region of the world
- Supporting Key Account Managers at critical customer meetings
- Developing Global Account Plans and ensuring local key account managers align with the global strategy (price setting, products offered...) and collaborate/share with each other
- Evaluating and determining which exhibitions to attend for the segment as well as leading the organization and follow up of those events; organizing other customer seminars and training sessions for the segment
- Leading lobbying and networking efforts for the vertical, leveraging all available company and private equity resources (including CEO and executive sponsorship)
The successful candidate with have extensive Business Development, Sales and Marketing experience within an industrial business environment, preferably in the vertical markets of choice. He/she will also have experience developing and optimizing profitable pricing methods. Candidates must have prior international, multi-cultural experience and have an understanding of the nuances of marketing and selling to senior level individuals making decisions surrounding security purchasing, preferably to include greenfield construction.
Candidates must possess a proven track record in negotiating and problem solving and a have a strategic mindset. Experience working in a private equity based, high growth oriented culture is preferred.
A minimum of a bachelor’ s degree in business or finance is required and a Masters/MBA is highly preferred. The selected candidate must have the ability to travel extensively both domestically and internationally. It is anticipated that travel could be up to or in excess of 40-50%. Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or possess a valid Green Card.