Distribution Logistics Manager
2400 Charles Street Wellsburg, WV 26070
The Distribution Manager (DM) is responsible for overseeing all warehouse operations and functions including receiving, order picking, packing, shipping, transportation, and inventory management in North America and Internationally. DM will have Distribution Supervisors as direct reports.
DM is also responsible for the Supervisors' training, orientation, evaluation and of all Administrative/Office employees.
DM will be responsible for all Domestic and International Distribution performances. Inventory accuracy is the job of all warehouse associates.
- Vice President of Supply Chain.
- Warehouse Supervisors.
- Oversee all warehouse functions in located in Wellsburg, WV.
- Proactively assist in Optimizing Warehouse Footprint.
- Assist in preparation of annual warehouse operation budget.
- Maintain operating expenses based on an annual operating budget.
- Prepare warehouse Key Performance Indicator report.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are being followed by the warehouse staff.
- Assist in inventory management as needed.
- Maintain effective communication with customers, co-workers, and other team members.
- Ensure that all material handling and transportation equipment is properly maintained.
- Supervise physical inventory counts during semi-annual inventory.
- Ensure warehouse operations meet all department mandated time frames and deadlines.
- Prepare and conduct annual performance reviews for Supervisors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Practice and adhere to the company' s Code of Conduct philosophy, Mission and Value Statements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organization: proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Communication: communicates clearly and concisely.
- Leadership: guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services.
- Customer Orientation: establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Tactical Execution: oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes.
- Policies & Procedures: articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
- PC Skills: demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Info4 and others as required.
- Financial Management: applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget.
- Project Management: assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately.
- Bachelor’ s Degree.
- 5+ years of previous warehouse operations management experience.
- Prior experience in managing transportation (TL, LTL Carriers, Intermodal, and Parcel) desired.
- Prior experience in a union environment desired.