Document Control Specialist
9970 Carroll Canyon Rd b San Diego, CA 92131
The Document Control Specialist reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for the administration of engineering documentation policies and procedures including the maintenance of engineering CAD drawings, Engineering Change Control, and electronic file record retention policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute engineering document control policies and procedures.
- Administer engineering change order processes.
- Track drawing reviews and host engineering Change Board meetings.
- Maintain better way and engineering Change Order Log.
- Create engineering part numbers and drawing titles.
- Create engineering part descriptions.
- Scan, record and file paper documents into electronic records.
- Strictly adhere to corporate standards for information dissemination and security.
- Track drawing reviews and approvals to ensure they are processed in a timely manner.
- Track ECO metrics and generate status reports for engineering department KPIs.
- Maintenance of the engineering policies and procedures manual.
- Creation of standard documentation release packages.
- Provide training and guidance on document control procedures to other company personnel.
- Use of MS Office, Enterprise PDM and IFS ERP systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate Degree from accredited institution in a related field or equivalent related work experience preferred.
- Prior document control experience in technology/engineering/manufacturing environments preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills are with attention to detail.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Software.
- ISO 9000 experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of ANSI Y.14.5 mechanical drafting standards a plus.
- ERP experience preferred, IFS a plus.
- SolidWorks EPDM experience highly desirable.
- Excellent people skills are essential, this position requires in-house expediting
- Must possess U.S. citizenship or be a " U.S. Person". (A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident “ Green Card holder” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a ” Protected Individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).).