Drafter Designer/Engineered Group
901 North Fourth Street Jeannette, PA 15644-1474
Looking for drafting experience at all levels, from entry level to 10+ years. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Positions are part of the Engineered Solutions group. The primary function of this position is to create design layout drawings to support Engineered Solutions orders via CAD technology.
- Works with Engineering data communicated through sketches or by written / oral descriptions and applies all Drafting Manual or Engineering P.E.T. instructions.
- Responsible for reviewing and releasing all work assignments in addition to providing information to the department D.P.A. or Supervisor for scheduling requirements.
- Primarily an individual contributor but has the responsibility to direct shop order activities for Draftsman and Detailer level positions.
- Analyzes design requests and discusses requirements with the requisitioner to identify principles and offer suggested revisions.
- Analyzes design specifications, requisitions and vendor prints, and unit layout drawings to identify the requirements of drawings.
- Details and/or checks completed drawings for pictorial, dimensional, structural, and functional wording accuracy and inclusion of all necessary information.
- Prepares a design layout by drawing the components based upon provided information with consideration given to the functional efficiency and cost of the design concepts.
- Designs special tools, jigs and fixtures necessary for the assembly, disassembly and shipment of equipment.
- Answers questions and interprets design concepts and layout details resulting from processing of drafting projects and equipment.
- Maintains related records and files.
- Provides drafting procedure and product change suggestions for consideration and review.
- Performs the functions of a Drafting Project Administrator, Checker, Draftsman, and Detailer when required.
- Associate degree in specialized technology with drafting experience ranging from entry level to 10+ years.
- Experience using CAD technology; AutoCAD and Creo preferred.
- Background in rotating equipment and/or machining is a plus.