901 North Fourth Street Jeannette, PA 15644-1474
Looking for Drafters/Designers with experience at all levels, from entry level to 10+ years. Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
The primary function of this position is to create design layout drawings to support Engineered Products orders via CAD technology.
- Works with Engineering data communicated through sketches or by written / oral descriptions and applies all Drafting Manual or Engineering P.E.T. instructions.
- Responsible for reviewing and releasing all work assignments in addition to providing information to the department D.P.A. or Supervisor for scheduling requirements.
- Primarily an individual contributor but has the responsibility to direct shop order activities for Draftsman and Detailer level positions.
- Analyzes design requests and discusses requirements with the requisitioner to identify principles and offer suggested revisions.
- Analyzes design specifications, requisitions and vendor prints, and unit layout drawings to identify the requirements of drawings.
- Details and/or checks completed drawings for pictorial, dimensional, structural, and functional wording accuracy and inclusion of all necessary information.
- Prepares a design layout by drawing the components based upon provided information with consideration given to the functional efficiency and cost of the design concepts.
- Designs special tools, jigs and fixtures necessary for the assembly, disassembly and shipment of equipment.
- Answers questions and interprets design concepts and layout details resulting from processing of drafting projects and equipment.
- Maintains related records and files.
- Provides drafting procedure and product change suggestions for consideration and review.
- Performs the functions of a Drafting Project Administrator, Checker, Draftsman, and Detailer when required.
- Associates Degree in specialized technology with drafting experience ranging from entry level to 10+ years.
- Experience using CAD technology; AutoCAD and Creo preferred.
- Windchill experience is a plus.
- Background in rotating equipment and/or machining is a plus.