E/M Test & Assembly Technician
4204 Jutland Dr. San Diego, California 92117 | Contract to Direct
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/296186
JOB DESCRIPTION & TYPICAL TASKS
The primary role of the ElectroMechanical Assembly & Test Technician will be to ensure and further bolster the outstanding quality of physical assembly, testing, and calibration of torque sensor product line. The candidate will apply the highest level of craftsmanship in assembly and the most exacting standards of quality in testing and calibrating systems prior to delivery to clients. Company delivers products that measure mechanical parameters and provide electrical analog and digital output signals, the candidate will need to be experienced in both electrical and mechanical assembly (especially soldering), mechanical testing, electrical testing, and data acquisition. The technician will have the opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the production cycle, with a primary emphasis on assembly and testing/calibration.
Typical Primary Tasks:
· Physically build deliverable sensor systems: assemble mechanical components, solder electronic components, apply coatings to printed circuit boards, install printed circuit boards into sensor housings, precisely cut and strip wiring, mount fasteners, fasten and/or seal electro-mechanical assemblies by applying various bonding and/or sealing agents
· Perform final machining, cutting, or bonding operations on components such as sensor housings, sense elements, fine wires, etc
· Test sensors and printed circuit boards using a combination of electrical test equipment and LabVIEW-based software scripts
· Participate in failure analyses on systems returned from the field. Assist in writing and issuing detailed reports outlining findings
Typical Secondary Tasks:
· Test and calibrate torque sensor systems using electromechanical and electro-hydraulic torsion testers. This task includes physically setting up the machinery, installing fixtures, setting up test sequences, acquiring and monitoring data, etc
· Carry out production process for deliverable systems: demagnetization, magnetization, mechanical testing, environmental testing, and calibration of sensor systems
· Evaluate and improve sensor performance as a function of various parameters such as shaft material and heat treatment, magnetization parameters, environmental conditions (e.g. temperature), or sensor layout/geometry
· Operate, maintain, and upgrade major equipment and associated subsystems (e.g. torque test rigs, electronics, hydraulic pumps and chillers, cooling and heating equipment, and magnetization and demagnetization equipment) JOB QUALIFICATIONS Skill Requirements
· Applicants must have at least 2 years of full-time work experience in a related role
· Applicants should be detail-oriented with strong electrical and mechanical assembly skills
· Familiarity with wiring harness assembly protocols using AWG 20-gauge harnesses or smaller
· Familiarity with processing adhesives, soldering, and general machine shop skills
· A background in mechanical testing and data acquisition preferred (e.g. experience as a dynamometer operator or a laboratory technician who has worked with sensors)
· Experience with control systems, automated machinery, or data acquisition setups,
· A strong concern for safety and quality
· Proficiency with LabVIEW, MTS TestSuite, or MATLAB/Scilab software preferred but not required
· A limited background in 3D CAD (e.g. SolidWorks, CATIA, or ProE) is recommended though not required Although substantial formal and on-the-job training will be provided to further refine and complement the candidate’ s skills, the candidate is expected to already have a hands-on approach and a certain comfort level building and operating machines and devices.
Associate’ s degree in fields such as machining, mechanical technology, electronics, automotive technology, or CNC machinery is preferred but not required.
Candidates without an Associate’ s degree but with substantial experience in mechanical and electrical assembly and/or testing will be considered.
The Type of Person We Are Looking For
We are looking for self-motivated candidates who have a high degree of self-discipline and consistency in their work and really enjoy making and testing great products. A painstaking attention to detail and a rigorous commitment to quality are paramount for this position. It is also important to be well versed and comfortable with mechanical hardware, electrical hardware, and computers. A self-starter who has the ability to work under a constantly changing timeline due to our heavy involvement in the motorsport sector.
Our approach to quality is to combine rigorous process controls with individual attention to detail and dedicated craftsmanship in order to provide our clients with the combination of consistency and flexibility they demand.