ERP/MRP Business Analysist
211 Industrial Park Road Johnstown, PA 15904
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews Order Entry requirements as required into the JDA ERP system and balances order loading, Work Center capacity, and production planning.
- Performs MRP daily and reports the outcome in real time to the area managers or supervisors.
- Rapidly becomes the internal expert in organization’ s JDA ERP system. Guides all users in specific module usage and identifies gaps in the utilization.
- Initiates communication with Order Entry, Planning, Procurement, Production, Scheduling, and/or Manufacturing personnel, as required, to resolve any scheduling issues, where service, efficiency or inventory goals are at risk.
- Prepares or assists in preparing major organizational performance metrics as required. Works with all functional departments to develop specific reports and metrics.
- Provides input and data to routinely analyze MRP/ERP exception messages and Loading changes (potential obsolescence reports, backlog and special order information, program requirements, promotional information, order changes, production performance), to adjust schedules as required.
- Performs Earned Value Management (EVM) activities as directed by the organization.
- Liaises with Information Technology to support the organization with data and software needs.
- Assists in the management of inventory by generating reports and analysis of the data output.
- Work closely with Contracts from purchase order inception full circle to quoting to ensure entry of relevant, accurate, and detailed information into the MRP system. Prepares data uploads for purchase order entry into the MRP system.
- Maintains proactive awareness of all projects and special sources of demand to ensure that requirements are understood, scheduled and met.
- Continuously researches and learns new planning and control concepts, evaluates new system options, and stays aware of ideas and technologies that may facilitate improved scheduling and coordination of production and market activity.
- Leads by example in coordinating, communicating, complying with company policies, and teaching, guiding, and evaluating personal performance.
- Performs other duties as required for the efficient operation of the department or as directed by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain and Information Systems, Business Administration or Computer Science, with concentrations in Math, IT, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A solid understanding of major manufacturing business functions and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) techniques.
- The ability to work well with people; the skill to facilitate evaluation and compromise among individuals with different perspectives and needs.
- Excellent analytical skills, especially at detailed levels, and the ability to organize data into structured plans.
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems and their business models.
- A history of continuous learning, especially through certification programs or through educational institutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office program platforms; albeit, Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, and Visio.
- Experience with MRP/ERP software required
- Experience with JDA ERP Software preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in Master Scheduling in Oracle or similar based software platforms.
- APICS certification is a strong plus or continued education in Supply Chain Management.
- Experience in production control, detailed scheduling, inventory management, and/or production supervision.
- Working knowledge of writing or editing source codes for utility software programs that extract data from the ERP/MRP systems.