Electrical Assembly - Junior
1580 Hecht Court Bartlett, IL 60103
Under the direction of the electricians, safely perform the tasks required of an electrical technician, such as wiring enclosures and devices, testing electrical assemblies, and diagnosing electrical problems.
Under direct supervision as noted above, performs the following tasks.
- Wires control panels, enclosures, and electrical devices.
- Tests and adjusts electrical assemblies, using electrician’ s tools and test equipment.
- Adheres to NEC, NFPA 79, CE, and OSHA standards as they apply to custom machinery.
- Learns to develop wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications, and to perform routine installation and maintenance duties.
- Learns to plan, direct, and record periodic electrical testing, and to recommend or initiate modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards.
- Follows instructions and works well as a team member; cooperates and communicates with builders, supervisors, engineers, and others.
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Follow work instructions and maintain checklists.
- Maintain International Standardization Organization ISO13485 standards.
(Health, Safety, & Environmental):
- Work in compliance with divisional Health, Safety, and Environmental Procedures.
- Refrain from removing or altering safety devices or guarding unless hazardous energies are controlled through Lockout-Tagout methods.
- Report any unsafe conditions or unsafe acts.
Education and Experience:
- High School or trade school.
- One to two years’ related experience.
- Basic knowledge of electrical wiring and general shop practices.
- Ability to read, interpret, and wire from electrical schematics with some supervision.
- Has basic understanding of NFPA 79, CE, and OSHA standards, as well as ANSI symbols.
- Strong academic performance and/or work history.
- Excellent references.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Detail-oriented, with good organizational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.