Electrical Controls Engineer
136 Industry Dr. RIDC West (Main Office) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15275 | Direct Placement
This position is responsible for electrical control panel design for chemical feed and plolymer feed systems used for water and wastewater treatment systems. Provide the customer with control panels that meet or exceed the UL508a guidelines as directed by the NEC.
- Electrical design of control panels using AutoCAD Electrical.
- PLC programming.
- Work with project teams to provide complete solutions for customers.
- Review consulting engineers' drawings and specifications.
- Field electrical questions from sales channels and consulting engineers.
- Provide pre-sale electrical drawings to consulting engineers and clients.
- Assist AE’ s with quotes on custom control panels.
- Develop complete and accurate electrical drawings using ACADE for panels.
- Participate in Kickoff and Production Readiness meetings to ensure proper design and BOM' s for production of skids and panels.
- Assistant to the panel shop, wiring and testing.
- Contribute to success of engineering team.
- Balance load of 10-20 projects in various stages.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Punctual attendance and willingness to do what it takes to meet commitments.
- Maintain neat and organized work area.
- Accomplish goals, meet deadlines and objectives.
- Support clients, company and team.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Other duties as requried to attain company goals.
- Education: Bachelors or Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronic Technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with sales, technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience with the NEC, motor controls, fractional HP DC and AC drives, RLL, PLC’ s, and process loop controllers.
- Minimum of five years' field experience.
- PLC program development and software knowledge (AB is most common).
- Must be able to travel/fly independently to client sites for field work as well as business meetings.
- Ability to work and solve problems on your own or as a team.
- Problem solver.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical for design per UL508a and the NEC.
- Thorough knowledge of the NEC and UL508a standard.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to analyze mechanical and electro/mechanical system failures and to work with schematic drawings.
- Excellent understanding of electronics and electrical circuit boards.