2020 SW Fourth Avenue 3rd Floor Portland, OR 97201
- Gain familiarity with the client’ s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks
- Collaborate with team members to gather information required to design fire alarm system
- Coordinate with electrical team members for systems power requirements
- Plan and design fire alarm, security, HPM monitoring, and safety systems drawings and schematics for commercial and industrial buildings using CAD software.
- Conduct field reviews and surveys to verify accuracy of completed design
- Perform battery and voltage drop calculations for systems
- Interpret architect drawings/specifications, blueprints and construction documents
- Review contractor submittals for adherence to design conformance to specifications
- Apply all applicable fire, life safety, and building codes including manufacturer instructions.
- Utilize BIM software to provide layouts, general arraignments, profile views, details, under close supervision
- Proficient in Revit and 2D AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Access