Electrical Designer II - Industrial / Energy & Chemicals
5970 Greenwood Plaza Blvd. Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Overview - Electrical Designer II – Industrial / Energy & Chemicals Introduction:
Our client is looking for an Electrical Designer to support our Greenwood Village, CO headquarters. This office works in a variety of energy markets including midstream and downstream oil & gas, renewable fuels & bio-refining as well as power generation within generation facilities such as coal, combined cycle and simple cycle gas turbines, hydroelectric, wind and solar generation.
Designer II will be responsible for initiating and developing engineering drawings through completion for assigned projects in conformance with the requirements, applicable codes, and design criteria established by the project' s electrical engineers. The Designer will work under the direction of the Lead Electrical Engineer and Lead Instrumentation & Control Engineer to develop and maintain digital 3D databases and models, develop engineering drawings and sketches of high complexity and coordinate work with other project team members.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive design experience in electrical systems.
- In depth experience in AutoCAD. Experience in Revit &/or CADWorx a plus.
- Experience in hazardous area classifications, cable tray, lighting, power, instrumentation & control, heat trace and grounding systems.
- Experience in design development, drawing preparation, and quality control programs.
- Experience in using cable management systems and cable routing.
- A clear understanding of information required on design drawings.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam.
- Knowledge of Navisworks.
- Structured, methodical work habits
- Conscientious with strong attention to detail
- Energetic and articulate
- Cooperative and flexible
- The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Relocation package may be available.