Electrical Engineer, Sr
Avenel, NJ 07001 US
- Review and take ownership of customer technical requirements.
- Develop a system architecture to satisfy the technical requirements within the constraints of budget, recurring cost, and schedule.
- Detailed design and analysis for new circuit or circuit variations including designing electronic circuits, PCB layouts, and magnetics.
- Design project specific test scenarios and test circuits for requirements compliance at sub-assembly and top-assembly levels.
- Able to evaluate and analyze existing circuits/designs for electrical performance.
- Generate sub-assembly and top-assembly acceptance test procedures (ATP).
- Conduct Failure Root Cause Analysis for Repair units.
- Provide source material and consult in developing qualification test plan and / or qualification test procedure (QTP) and Qualification Test report (QTR).
- Perform and formally record all testing required by test procedures (ATP and QTP).
- Bachelor’s (required) or Master’s (preferred) degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Five+ years of electrical design experience.
- Knowledge of various power electronics circuits, topologies, and their control.
- Ability to understand, design, and simulate analog (required) and digital (desired) circuits.
- Knowledge of low frequency and/or high frequency magnetic designs.
- Expertise in one or more schematic capture software packages.
- Knowledge of circuit debugging tools such as oscilloscopes, meters, probes, etc.
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks on one or more active projects.
- US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
- Enforcement of company policies, procedures, and processes.
- To compose Corrective and/or Preventive Action where applicable.
- Authorized to report problems according to corporate procedures.
- Has the authority to stop the manufacturing process if any unsafe conditions are present.
- To enforce company Safety Requirements and Policies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.