Electrical Engineer - Principal
Chatsworth, CA 91311 US
- Creating design concepts and architectural proposals for small form factor and other embedded computer systems.
- Developing the electrical architecture of new rugged enterprise server solutions
- Generating cost and schedule estimates for design proposals
- Working with management, sales and marketing teams to provide project status updates
- Providing technical feedback to sales and customers on new configurations.
- Implementing and refining processes and standards to maintain efficiency while adhering to good design practice and quality goals.
- Leading small electrical team(s) through the entire design, development, and validation cycle.
- Mentor early and mid-level engineers in design and analysis principles to grow the capabilities and efficiency of the design team
- Develop and document improvements to the design process
- Collaborating with software, mechanical, system engineering, NPI, CAD and manufacturing teams.
- Reviewing design documents, schematics, PCB layouts and other technical specifications and providing feedback to others.
- Supporting sales, marketing and support with customer inquiries, and helping find solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant Electrical or Computer Systems Engineering discipline.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 10 years of industry experience developing modern hardware designs.
- At least 3 years of experience in a position leading a hardware project development and a team of engineers.
- Skilled in high speed digital and low noise analog circuit design; including timing, power, signal integrity, and thermal considerations.
- Expert at schematic circuit design using a mainstream tool - AllegroHDL or Orcad Capture or Altium preferred.
- Expert at reviewing PCB layouts using AllegroPCB (viewer or editor), and using Gerber /ODB++ viewers.
- A proven history of implementing high yield, reliable, PCB designs and managing the outside fabrication and assembly efforts.
- Experience with Intel and/or AMD server CPU and PCH processor design (Xeon class or similar)
- Skilled in FPGA design using Intel (Altera), AMD (Xilinx) or Microchip Smartfusion devices
- Experience working with microcontrollers and collaborating with software engineering teams.
- Knowledgeable in government safety and regulatory standards such as CE, FCC, UL, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-1399 300B.
- Should be fluent in reading and writing English specifications, documents and procedures.
- Expertise in working with VNA, TDRs, Spectrum Analyzers and other test equipment.
- Familiar with Agile development methods and tools such as JIRA, Confluence, JAMA, CAMEO etc.
*Must be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work in the United States