Senior Electrical Designer I
Nutrien Borger Nitrogen 9021 Farm Road 1551 Borger, TX 79007
Type: Contract to Direct, Direct (Options: based on experience and qualifications)
Primary Work Location: Tulsa, OK
Senior Electrical Designer I
Our Client is looking for a Senior Electrical Designer I in our Tulsa, OK office. The position of Senior Electrical Designer will be responsible for designing power systems primarily for Oil, Gas & Chemical projects. This position’ s responsibilities include complete electrical designs performed at the drawing level. Assists Project Engineer with drafting responsibilities and some design.
- Application of Knowledge of Building Systems (Conceptual Design):
- Working knowledge of codes and standards including but not limited to: NFPA 70, 72, 101, 110, 780; UL 96A; ASHRAE 90.1; and Building Codes.
- Assists the Lead Electrical Engineer or Senior Engineer with working with building/facility owner to ensure that the appropriate systems/products are utilized in their facility.
- Lighting design, system types, and understanding of the following concepts:
- Various lighting and lamp applications, Color temperatures, lighting rules, circuiting and control.
- Design of power distribution, panelboard schedules, grounding/protection designs.
- Knowledge of the application of emergency systems, legally required systems and optional standby systems.
- Ability to coordinate the connections of all power utilization components.
- Documentation of calculations, reflecting code compliance of lighting calculations, power load calculations, and voltage drop calculations.
- Fire alarm design, telecommunications design (knowledge of EIA/TIA standards), CCTV system design and intrusion detection system design.:
- A growing knowledge of the EIA/TIA standards.
- Ensures that there are complete and accurate construction documents.
- Able to utilize and manage design software.
- Provide Quality Control reviews for self-performed designs and designs by others.
- Construction Support:
- Problem solving for field oversight including Requests for Information (RFI).
- Shop drawing/Submittal review.
- Field inspections and reports.
- Project Management:
- Monitors work performed by the assigned designers and technicians.
- Ensures that all project internal and external comments and markups are incorporated into the project’ s design documents and specifications.
- Monitors allocated man-hours to ensure that the work performed is within project man-hours.
- Works with Design/Engineering Managers to ensure that project schedule will be met and complete documents are provided for each submission.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience electrical designing and drafting.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construction Site visits require walking through constructions sites and climbing of stairs/ladders.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality