5555 W 115th St Alsip, IL 60803
- Design and/or supervise electrical engineering performed by engineering consultants, including power distribution, process lighting, installation engineering, communication network design and PLC programming.
- Ensure that electrical engineering meets applicable installation and safety codes, such as the NEC and/or IEC and/or company' s equipment specifications.
- Assist operating group in determination of machine control hardware and software levels.
- Monitor and ensure conformity of machine vendor’ s control design, expedite the delivery of drawings and operating programs and assure timely delivery of information to line installation engineers.
- Inspect, at vendor’ s plant, the completed machine, witness test runs and buy-off the electrical installation, design, operation, control and programs.
- Consult, on as requested basis, with plant operations to assist in resolving machine performance improvements.
- Provide assistance during machine installation and line debug phases to assure timely resolution of equipment problems, engineering questions, starts-up deviations, etc.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5-10 years of journey level experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance of industrial equipment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical concepts and operating safety
- Demonstrated ability to use hand and power tools commonly used in electrical and mechanical trades
- Basic knowledge of PLC operation