2728 Loker Ave West Carlsbad, CA 92010
A successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in an engineering environment with experience in electrical design and hand-on troubleshooting of complex electro-mechanical capital equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce quality electrical system designs for backend capital equipment
- System-level machine layout, sub-system design, customer-driven options.
- Analog circuit design including signal conditioning and amplification.
- Digital circuit design including embedded microcontrollers, serial interfacing, and position encoders.
- Design of power and signal distribution, cable and wire harnesses in support of motion-control systems.
- Produce associated specifications, drawings and procedures for assembly, test and troubleshooting of electrical systems.
- Failure mode analysis and improve existing designs.
- Assist with Field Service and Manufacturing problems by analyzing data and suggesting solutions to improve designs.
- Capture knowledge for reuse by self and others.
- Clearly explain design ideas and intent.
- Continuously improve efficiency of personal and group work methods.
Education & Experience Desired:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better.
- Experience with PCB design software required, OrCAD and Mentor PADS software packages preferred
- Experienced with a 2D drawing package (Autocad, Anvil, etc) preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with CE and UL certification preferred
Company offers an attractive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with employer matching, medical, dental, vision, and education reimbursement. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
No relocation is available for this position.