1500 Glenn Curtiss St Carson, CA 90746 | Contract
Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the research, analysis, design, development, verification, testing debugging and modification of analog/digital electronics product/systems for harsh and hazardous environments for the commercial aerospace products.
- Develop test methods, procedures, fixtures, and test equipment for electronics product testing Engineering test plan/procedures, test fixture drawings, test equipment drawings
- Provide manufacturing test support, trouble-shooting, fault isolation and corrective actions Manufacturing troubleshooting guidelines, manufacturing test tools, technical help
- Create test reports for functional, performance testing of electronics
- Develop test procedure to verify the product as per customer design requirements
- Design & develop simulation models for electronics functions
- Troubleshoot/debug electronics products during integration, functional, design verification, performance, qualification testing phases
- Independently finds or creates solutions to problems requiring research, resourcefulness and creativity.
- Understands, follows, and promotes, Monogram Systems P&Ps related to product development
- Presents design solutions to internal and external customers for review and critique. Ensures product design meets all functional requirements
- Hands on experience of using electronics equipment such as programmable power supplies, high speed digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzers etc.
- Design & develop instrumentation capabilities for product electrical parameter characterization and validation
- Design level understanding of communication protocols such as CAN, ARINC, SPI, RS-232 etc.,
- Knowledge on aerospace regulations such as RTCA/DO-160 and RTCA/DO-254 guidelines
- Knowledge in major aerospace OEM electronics design guidelines
- Possess a strong work ethic, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to communicate, ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to provide leadership to other members of the engineering team
- Knowledge of using design/simulation tools such as Altium/Orcad, MATLAB/Simulink, PSIM, PSPICE etc.,
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A BS in electrical engineering from a recognized institution.
- 2-6 years' experience
- Experience in commercial aerospace electrical products/systems development
- Experience with Design for Reliability, and Design for Manufacturability best practices