16323 Shoemaker Ave Cerritos, CA 90703
- We have a new opening for an electrical engineer with the ability to design downhole high temperature electronics.
- Reports to Director of Projects
- This is a key position on the project/design team that would work with a multi-disciplinary engineering team in the development of subsurface compressor system (SCS) for gas wells.
- In this position you will develop and execute the electrical design for designated projects from inception through the specification, design, fabrication, validation and testing, while taking advantage of the expertise of the engineering team from a design technical perspective.
- The ideal candidate should have an electrical engineering background with the capability and desire to be an active participate in a dynamic engineering team for new development as well as developing and implementing new technologies and approaches to address the application needs.
- Candidate will possess genuine technical skills, willingness to listen to others, and a strong foundation of collaborating with all of the technologists on the team to develop complex downhole machinery for gas wells.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as technical lead on designs, applying knowledge in electrical engineering to develop embedded hardware for downhole tools
- Develop high temperature electronic systems from project initiation to commercial release including concept development, prototype development, lab testing, and field testing
- Write embedded hardware drivers and firmware interfacing with other design components to allow for rapid design prototyping
- Analog, power, and instrumentation related circuit design
- Detailed board-level testing, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Risk identification, and mitigation plans as well as development and execution of alternate paths in the design
- Review technical documents for accuracy and completeness
- Support other team members as required to aide in product development
- Ensure timely completion of project design deliverables
- Compliance with Health and Safety program
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- BS Electrical Engineering
- MS Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in high temperature electronic component packaging, microcontroller, signal hardware design, embedded system, digital signal processing for oil and gas downhole applications
- Working knowledge of downhole tools especially electrical submersible pumps and intelligent completions
- Experience in developing long distance communications, data exchange protocols, and equipment
- Experience in designing circuits with microcontrollers, memory, and other peripheral components
- Experience in motor drive, specifically with the tuning of parameters
- Experience in low and medium power electronics design
- Strong backgrounds in design for reliability
- Knowledge of downhole cabling systems, connectors, and electrical feedthroughs
- Experience in commissioning and deployment of downhole equipment is a plus
- Project management or coordination experience
- System integration experience specifically with power electronics
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel and interact with diverse groups of people
- Must have highly perceptive listening skills and be open to the ideas of others
- Position will be an integral part of a growing engineering team.
- Position will be responsible for electrical integration of the power electronics, communication and data reduction/trending for predictive optimization of the system to meet company objectives.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
This position will be in an office atmosphere part of the time; from time to time, shop support will be required during the fabrication phase of the project, and remote field support will be required for applications, requiring ~ 10% travel. Personal protective equipment should be worn in designated shop floor areas and at remote field locations