1395 Gateway Drive Elgin, IL 60124
The Electrical Controls Engineer will design, test, install and maintain large-scale electronic equipment or machinery for use in manufacturing machinery. Must demonstrate knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures in order to successfully complete projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review projects including quotes, job specifications and resolve any quote to job specifications differences;
- Review specifications and standard practices – inclusive of the internal hardwire and logic standards, general specifications and scope of work;
- System Architecture including non-standard material and control panel power requirements/distribution;
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments;
- Design requirements which include establishing non-standard designs, generating system map layouts, generating a sequence of operations, reviewing cycle time studies and dimension switch layouts, generation of design packages, design logic, enter logic and the design of Smart displays;
- Will be responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
- Debugging with no additional support
- Launch and standby
- Apply principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Communication Proficiency (verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills)
- Adaptable, eagerness to learn and detailed oriented
- Organization Skills
- Trouble shooting and Problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills and math background
- Time Management and personal discipline
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 4-7 years experience in field or related area
- AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite
- Pharmaceutical processing knowledge a plus;
- Proficiency in Solidworks Electrical a plus