1572 Tilco Drive Frederick, MD 21704
- Researches, designs and documents electrical/electromechanical products and systems related to commercial HVAC equipment.
- Provides electrical engineering support for application, fabrication, testing, installation, and repair of electrical/electromechanical products and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides electrical design of products/systems such as microprocessor controls and electrical power/control panels for HVAC equipment in accordance with engineering design standards, customer specifications and code requirements such as NFPA 70, UL 1995 and UL 60335-2-40.
- Selects and integrates electrical components, analog and digital control components, and communications components for serial networks and building management systems.
- Creates engineering documentation related to the electrical design of HVAC equipment such as design spreadsheets, SAP bill of materials, electrical schematics, sequence of operations, and control panel layouts.
- Designs test control equipment and develops methods for testing products or systems.
- Provides engineering support and generates technical information for sales, marketing, applications engineering, production and field service groups.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design modifications to eliminate equipment or systems malfunctions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum BSEE and/or 4 years of experience in performing electrical engineering duties with direct supervision by an engineer.
- Electrical CAD drafting (AutoCAD or Zuken E3 preferred)
- BOM creation and maintenance in MRP system (SAP preferred)
- HVAC Knowledge and Experience Preferred
- Ability to read and understand English instructions.
- Algebra, trigonometry, statistics, and application of formulas and tables to perform engineering calculations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. Individuals must be capable of providing manufacturing/test support through “ hands on” approaches. This involves working in and around the products and systems at the factory or installed at the customer site. Occasional lifting may be required not to exceed 50 pounds without additional support. Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an office environment.
- It may be required that individuals work in the manufacturing area when providing manufacturing support. This work environment may be at higher noise levels and lower air quality. Individuals may also be required to provide field support for equipment whereby the outside environment may be encountered as well as environments commonly encountered in HVAC equipment installations.
- Relocation Assistance: may consider based on experience