10 Langeloth Plant Road Langeloth, PA 15054
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of all issues associated with metallurgical or chemical processing plant electrical distribution and control systems ensuring they meet or exceed business expectations of safety, reliability and operating costs.
- Manage all maintenance requirements of the manufacturing electrical infrastructure, including transformer DGA oil analysis, switchgear infrared and visual inspections, OSHA 70E analysis & labeling requirements, and electrical M&S inventory.
- Provide technical support to Maintenance for AC and DC electronic drives, PLC' s, and control systems. Supply training when required to Maintenance Electricians on specific systems.
- Provide assistance to Maintenance on maintenance related projects.
- Replacement of obsolete technology for which replacement parts are difficult or impossible to obtain.
- Experience with power distribution from 24KV incoming to Load Centers, down to 480V/3PH MCC distribution and 110V control circuits.
- Modifications to existing electrical power distribution and controls for improved safety, reliability, process control, and compliance with all applicable codes including OSHA requirements.
- Update and archive electrical prints, operating & maintenance procedures, etc. necessary for the documentation of projects that have gone into production.
- Design electrical control and communication systems for production equipment.
- Evaluate the suitability of equipment and materials and establish standards for equipment and installation of equipment used in LMC facilities.
- Develop project cost estimates and monitor project work to ensure compliance with project budget.
- Develop specifications for projects to assure completion of work with required materials and workmanship; and coordinate the installation of electrical equipment by contractors and plant personnel to meet scheduled completion dates.
- Assist Production and Maintenance in the start-up and operation of new equipment and facilities.
- Provide emergency and off-hour technical support to Maintenance departments.
- Design input and review of contractor and vendor packages for power distribution (including. variable speed motors and drives), motor control centers, hard-wired relay logic control systems instruments, PLC systems controls and all field instrumentation and the Process Control System and its architecture.
- Understand company Safety & Environmental practices, policies and procedures, including the impact of electrical equipment and operations.
- Participation in cross-functional continuous improvement teams to optimize plant designs for safety, cost effectiveness, reliability and maintainability.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Process/Controls Engineering or related subject. Minimum five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is required, including industrial controls, power distribution, process instrumentation and control.
- Interest in factory automation.
- Ability to function effectively within the project team environment.
- Knowledge of Communication protocols such as Device Net, Modbus, ASCII and Ethernet IP is a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of various electrical codes (e.g. NEC and ANSI/IEEE) and industry instrumentation standards as applied to metallurgical or chemical processing facilities.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong safety and environmental performance.
- Pro-active in identifying potential problems and coordinating their resolution before they become an issue.
- Continual enthusiasm and a desire to assist the team to improve performance.
- Strong ability to work with others.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- An ability to manage work priorities to deliver real performance improvements in a busy and demanding work environment.
- Strong knowledge of safety and the pro-active application of new techniques to improve safety performance.
- Ability to set priorities based on business needs and strategy.