18240 North Bank Rd. Roseburg, Oregon 97470 | Direct Placement
This position is responsible for design and management of electrical control systems for client. In addition, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for maintaining accurate
documentation on all projects.
1. Demonstrates commitment to and leadership for environmental, health, and safety principles and
directives with his/her personal safety, and the safety of others
2. Personally meets or exceeds the highest standards of quality and environmental responsibility in all
decisions and actions.
3. Assists in creating and maintaining start-up technical documents.
4. Prepares and plans for systems start-up work ensuring that all information, drawings, parts and
tools are available for efficient execution of the job.
5. Communicates with the Project Managers regarding scheduled start-ups, delays, changes or
additional services required.
6. Provides PLC and HMI programming and troubleshooting services.
7. Assures accurate documentation of all programming and start-up services.
8. Performs inspection, calibrations and routine adjustments of electrical systems including
programmable controllers, variable frequency drives and other associated equipment.
9. Troubleshoots and repairs systems to ensure maximum operation.
10. Makes changes to system designs to improve performance, reduce cost, improve quality and assure
safe and reliable operation.
11. Prepares current and accurate prints and schematic diagrams of systems and updates existing
diagrams to conform to modifications being made or previously completed.
12. Operates and maintains electrical and electronic test equipment.
13. Communicates directly with customers and contractors to assure the proper installation of Utilities supplied equipment.
1. Works within the Engineering Department to provide specification reviews, system designs and budgetary pricing.
2. Coordinates control system design and production with outside vendors.
3. Assist the Production Department with system design and implementation.
4. Performs other duties, projects and assignments as requested by the Engineering Manager.
5. Continually works on upgrading skills, keeping current on methods and technology to maximize
current and future systems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Two years of post secondary technical education, or a minimum of five years experience in system design and control integration. This experience must include a demonstration of excellent organizational skills.
2. Good computer skills required with experience using Word, Excel and AutoCAD or equivalent.
3. Strong electrical aptitude with a basic understanding of the National Electrical Code.
4. Basic mechanical skills with an understanding of pumps and pumping systems.
2. Practical Learning Ability
3. Work Standards
5. Safety Orientation
7. Planning and Organization Skill
9. Technical Knowledge
10. Stress Tolerance
11. Positive Outlook
12. Oral and Written Communication Skill