2245 FIRST STREET, UNIT 103 Simi Valley, CA 93065 | Direct Placement
Looking for a talented and experienced individual to conduct design, system integration, troubleshooting and testing activities for strategic projects and embedded hardware platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or other related Engineering discipline, and 7+ years recent experience in hands-on development.
- Develop and maintain controller operated digital and analog electronics in accordance with established company methodologies and processes
- Recommend and implement hardware solutions and improved practices
- Guide mechanical engineering, hardware packaging, and board layout activities
- Provide feedback on hardware requirements related to design, time, feasibility, etc.
- Work with other team members to develop complete systems (hardware and software)
- Perform product design and development activities with a high degree of independence and creativity.
- Be responsible from start to finish of new product development including; product definition, design, parts selection and qualification.
- Formulate product designs using scientific analysis and mathematical models.
- Generate engineering documentation e.g. specification, schematics, layouts, BOM and qualification reports
- Assist with development and testing of PC graphical user interfaces
- Follow programming guidelines and use a software version control system
- Document test plans and test results
- Design test stand equipment
- Coordinate and execute hardware releases, version upgrades, and custom interfaces according to company quality assurance practices
- Create and review design and product information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
- Consult with other engineering staff to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system designs
- Participate in product definition and review activities
- Lead and mentor other team members
- 3+ years recent experience in embedded hardware development in high-technology applications
- Recent hardware design experience; Design of 3+ boards in the last year.
- Analog and digital circuits experience.
- Some embedded systems software design experience.
- Motor control systems a plus
- Basic electrical and software engineering concepts
- Design, analysis and testing of controller operated digital and analog electronics
- IGBTs, Mosfets, and other power drivers and current sensors
- Release management and document control
- Application lifecycle management
- A/D and D/A converters
- ORCAD schematics tool
- FPGA and high speed signal processing
- Digital Signal processing, control systems and digital filters
- TCP/IP, C+/C++ knowledge a plus
- Sensor-less motor control knowledge a plus
- Military standards knowledge a plus
- Military project RFP process knowledge a plus
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or other related Engineering discipline (GPA > 3.2), and 7+ years recent experience in hands-on development.
- A hands-on, " get it done" attitude
- Strong communication and leadership ability
- Ability to work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines
- Creativity and self-motivation to solve unique and complex technical problems
- Ability to mentor entry-level engineers
- Desire to lead teams and be promoted to higher levels of responsibility
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including Windows 7, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- U.S citizen or resident status