622 Emerson Road Suite 600 St Louis, MO 63141
Assists the Lead Electrical Engineer or Senior Electrical Engineer with engineering efforts to create construction documents on assigned projects for electrical systems including single-lines, raceway, control schematics, and layouts. Uses CAD design software proficiently and can incorporate designs into project documents/models.
- Performs load calculations, reflecting code compliance of the following:
- Power load calculations
- Voltage drop calculations
- Short Circuit and Coordination Studies preferred but not required.
- Performs lighting calculations, designs lighting layouts and understands the following concepts:
- Lighting rules such as spacing to mounting height ratio, point to point calculations, impact of horizontal and vertical foot-candles
- Life safety requirements (egress and exit marking)
- Develops grounding and lighting protection design.
- Prepare project specifications for switchgear, panelboards, control panels, MCCs, transformers, and other equipment pertaining to electrical installations.
- Conduct site visits to obtain necessary field data for design.
- Review contractor shop drawings and submittals for conformance to construction documents and specifications.
- Participate in all phases of engineering, collaborating with other team members and clients.
- Adhere to engineering budgets and schedules.
- BSEE Required.
Specific Licenses, Knowledge, Skills:
- Licensed Professional Engineer ideal, but not required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MicroStation CAD required
- Proficiency in Revit, required. Strongly preferred
- Proficiency in SKM Power Tools preferred, but not required.
- Computer literacy including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.