Tampa, FL 33607 US
# of Positions: 2
Our client is a private, Florida-based company where people matter, where your voice is heard, and where decisions are made with team members' best interest in mind.
During the company's 20-year history, they have supported clients in the oil refining, petrochemical, fertilizer (phosphate and nitrogen), chemical, pharmaceutical, municipal, consumer products, and industrial facilities industries in the USA and internationally.
They offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, long term care, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, and company events that supports our team members throughout their career.
We have an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to be responsible for the preparation and correctness of electrical power and distribution systems, including equipment specifications, electrical system studies, schematics and wiring diagrams, power and lighting plans, grounding plans, and compliance with schedule and budget.
- Provide calculations, power system analyses, studies and specifications of equipment and materials to support technical documents and project needs.
- Plan, develop and coordinate discipline engineering activities from initiation to completion.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project detailed electrical system design.
- Responsible for assigning staff to projects.
- Responsible for meeting discipline schedule and budget.
- Provide technical assistance to discipline staff.
- Responsible for checking and sealing final discipline documents.
- Front-end Engineering: The development of Feasibility and Conceptual design studies, Frontend Engineering Design (FEED) Packages, Basis of Design, one-line & three-line diagrams, load list, short circuit analysis, protective coordination, power studies (greenfield and brownfield), power integration and plans.
- Project Execution: Detailed Design, electrical equipment specifications, datasheets, selection reports to support switch gear, VFDs, soft starters. Experience with Allen Bradley required.
- Operations: capacity upgrades, operational troubleshooting, and facility engineering.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Experience developing and owning engineering reports, creating and documenting engineering calculations, and summary reports.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent education
- PE registration required
- 10-15 years of experience in engineering design as a project lead engineer
- ETAP knowledge
- Field work experience
- Petrochemicals, Refinery and/or Phosphate experience strongly preferred
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.